View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #48
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes.
No, the GPL does not say: "When".
It does. Distributor of GPL application has to provide access to source code when someone who got binaries from him asks him to do so.

They don't have to upload it publicly - they can even send CD with sources to someone who asks. But of course content of that CD can be legally uploaded and redistributed after that

Has someone who owns Paperwhite asked them to provide source code?

[edit]

I can answer - yes. I did few seconds ago
Quote:
I've got Kindle Paperwhite with firmware version 5.2.0 (1729740065) installed on it. It contains applications licensed on GNU General Public License, but after a month after release, I still can't find source code available anywhere on your website.

All I could find is http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200203720 page, which contains sources for older firmwares, but not for 5.2.0 used on Paperwhite.

How can I obtain source code for 5.2.0?

Kind regards,
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak

Last edited by dos1; 11-03-2012 at 09:37 AM.
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote