View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #956
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackshot91 View Post
EDIT: OH GOD I'M NOT VERY SMART.

I had "custom_column_settings" instead of "custom_columns_settings" in the override section of the ini. Please ignore my stupidity.
Okay.

Quote:
ANOTHER EDIT: I was wondering if there was a way to get a custom column to report the ratio of likes:dislikes? What I'm working toward is being able to sort first by total views, and then by likes/Dislikes ratio to approximate fimfiction's rating system (And generally just browse my catalog easily by rating.) What you've done so far is wonderful, so I don't want to push it.
Actually, I did think about that.

I considered making one field of likes/dislikes instead of two fields, but then it would be a string, not a number. 9/100 would sort 'higher' than 200/0.

You could create a composite custom column in calibre that displays likes/dislikes but it would have similar ordering issues.

One way would be to use View Manager plugin to order by total views(desc), likes(desc), dislikes(asc) while displaying views and likes/dislikes. But lots of custom columns (especially composite custom column) slows calibre significantly when you get past ~1000 books. I used to use several composite custom columns, but I've eliminated most of them from my main library for speed's sake.

Quote:
ANOTHER EDIT X2: Gah. I feel like I'm being a nuisance. I've added "dislikes=>#dislikes,r total_views=>#views,r" to the "custom_solumns_settings" in the personal ini. Now I get an error. "too many values to unpack". The custom columns entries only need to be separated by a space, right? Is it possible to have more than one custom column entry in the personal.ini?
They have to be on separate lines, and each line has to start with one space.
Code:
custom_columns_settings:
 likes=>#Likes
 dislikes=>#dislikes
 total_views=>#views
As a general note: the forum only notifies subscribers when a reply is posted, not when an edit to a post is made. You got lucky this time--I didn't look until after the first two edits and the third happened between when I read it and clicked 'quote'--but it's not uncommon for me to hit 'quote' and spent an hour composing my reply what with interruptions and stuff.

So, it's generally better, IMO, to add more posts than to edit an existing one. FYI.