View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #17860
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Checking my notes, I find I read this back in June 2011. I found it a confusing mixture of supernatural and mystery. It's as if in Scooby Doo you had no idea whether the ghost they were hunting would turn out to be a man in a mask or an actual ghost. It rather spoiled the fun for me.
Thanks for the link, Paul. I liked the "is it really supernatural or is it a trick?" aspect of the collection. I do agree that "Witness for the Prosecution" is a real gem, and it doesn't really fit in with the other stories in the collection at all; it's the only story in the book which doesn't have any supernatural element to it at all.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote