View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #63
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So how do you download eBooks from Overdrive to your Kindle without a computer?
You can: use the kindle browser, an Overdrive app on any iOs or Android device, or the library computers.
I was thinking less affluent households, and was advocating Kindle for them. Someone with little money and no home computer and internet connection can always use the library computers and the libraries' free Wifi connections to get content onto their Kindles. That is not the case with, for instance, Nooks or Kobos which are close in price point. Sony's T1/2 are almost twice the initial purchase cost. Again: I was thinking less affluent households.

Also, I can return a Kindle book early, as soon as I am done with it, and often managed to return a book the next day if I read it quickly. Not sure this is possible with ePub books, that would, in the same scenario, be blocked off for up to three weeks until the next peson in the queue gets to read it?

Last edited by xendula; 01-09-2013 at 08:08 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote