View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Library ePub books have DRM - that's the way they work; they have time-limiting DRM which makes the book stop working at the end of the loan period.

It is unclear from what I've read whether the Nook will offer a dictionary and annotation capabilities. Those are both (to me at least) very important.
Thanks for the reply Harry. I understand about the library books having DRM but isn't it a fairly 'relaxed' one though in that it is mostly, as you said, to limit the borrowing time, and they would still be reader on just about every reader that supports ePub. I guess my main concern is that I do not want to be limited in purchasing a book that can only be read on one reader.

I'm pretty sure the nook is going to have both dictionary and annotation both will be accomplished through the virtual keyboard on the lower screen. I'm lazy though so the idea of being able to just touch the word to look up on the Sony appeals to me.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote