View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJEberhardt View Post
I am converting an ePub I created to .mobi using "Kindle Previewer", and using "Send to Kindle" app to test the file. The title of my book uses a question mark (Are You Ready?), and when I convert the file the question mark becomes and underscore (Are You Ready_). I also tried converting using Calibre and the same thing happened.

I've tracked the issue to the <dc:title> in the content.opf (if I delete the question mark here but leave it everywhere else I use the title, there is no underscore). I have kindle books with question marks in the title, so I assume there is a way to convert the file so the question mark comes through correctly, I just can't figure out how.
I couldn't reproduce your issue; I can see a final question mark in titles with my Kindle. Check the .ePub and .mobi below.

Regards
Rubén
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-31119.gif
Views:	230
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	112521  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Title Test.epub (2.3 KB, 155 views)
File Type: mobi Title Test.mobi (28.9 KB, 144 views)
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote