Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #928
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonfire View Post
I have no /mnt/us where should this directory be located? Yes yes, I get all the results you have, but I am new to all this I started jailbreaking today.
I tried to update my kindle but it's greyed out, yes I googled that but I think to update even though it's greyed out I need yet another patch as it seems.
/mnt/us is a drectory on the root filesystem of the Kindle. Actually, it's the directory that shows up as "Kindle" when you connect it to your PC in "drive" mode. You will only get access to the root FS if you use usb networking, but that's a different story.

Anyway, step by step:
1. make sure you're running 5.1.2
2. copy update_jbpatch_2.4.1_install.bin directly to root of kindle.
3. unplug kindle.
4. Menu > Settings, Menu > Update your Kindle. The "update" option should NOT be grayed out if you did the above correctly. If it is, reboot kindle (ignore error 3), and try again.

Note that both successful and unsuccessful attempts to install update files will delete the update file, so you possibly have to copy it there again. Maybe that is the reason why the "update" option was grayed out.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote