View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
EPUB with images. Tweaking inside to make it lighter.

The source odt file coming from outside has been converted with writer2xhtml: the end result is a nice but heavy EPUB file. 25 images. 2.8 megs.

Unzipping and looking the Images folder of the EPUB, I realized that using the mogrify -resize 50% command on the heaviest 10 images (which are not even fullscreen) I could save 1.2meg which would be enough.

This is very easy to do, either on the odt or on the EPUB. The first has a Pictures folder, the second an Images folder.

However, when I zip back the files, and I try to open the odt file or the EPUB file, it triggers a general error. Is there a way to do this cleanly, I mean in such a way that I could be able to open again the EPUB? (or the odt file)? Or is this behaviour forever forbidden?

Last edited by roger64; 08-17-2012 at 09:49 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote