View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #52
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLavigne View Post
I really don't like ads in my reading material, but lets look at the big picture:

1. Magazines and newspapers are full of ads, and nobody is boycotting them
2. Television, radio, internet sites -- sponsored and paid by advertisers
3. Commercial-quality videos on YouTube and news sites now lead with advertisements

If ebooks ads are tactfully placed, and not excessive, then I would be fine with it, especially if it led to a free ebook or at least a very good discount. Just please, please keep it mute. I can't stand internet ads that are audible distractors.

Vic
i'm not massively offended by ads in general but its a sad state of affairs when the only way to get away from advertisements is either a) turn amish or b)do nothing but sleep.

i read to get away from the constant noise and clutter bouncing around my head from those other entertainment mediums.

i think at the point when ads are inserted into the books themselves piracy will become a revolutionary act. if the book is free either way there is NOTHING stopping me from pirating a copy in order to experience a "pure" version of the book. the authors arent going to see a cent from the advertising revenue either way.

to shift gears a tad gamers were sold a bill of goods when they were told that dynamic ads and product placement in games was gonna lower prices. they're still $60....they haven't dropped in price one red cent.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote