View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #19
isotherm
Connoisseur
isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 2
On my Kindle 2, you can edit the default left/right margins. You don't even need to install any packages or jailbreak! I don't know if this will work for Kindle 3 or not, as I don't have one. But for earlier versions, hook the Kindle up to your computer and open the following file with your favorite text editor (e.g. notepad):
Code:
\system\com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader\reader.pref
You will see a line like the following:
Code:
HORIZONTAL_MARGIN=40
The default is 40 pixels. Change it as you desire; 0 does work if that is what you want. Once you have changed it, save the file, eject your Kindle, and restart it using the menu (Menu > Settings, Menu > Restart). Your margins should now have changed.

Last edited by isotherm; 09-02-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Changed default
isotherm is offline   Reply With Quote