View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Calibre can't communicate with SD card

I've been using calibre to send books to my prs505 since I downloaded the horrid new sony software. When I used it to send books to the SD card a couple of weeks ago, it was fine, but it's acting up today. It will send books to the prs's internal memory, which is nearly bursting, but when I tried the SD card (kept in the reader permanently), I got this error message:

ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

(82, 'The directory or file cannot be created')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 56, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 243, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 142, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 870, in create_upload_path
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 82] The directory or file cannot be created: 'G:\\Heyer, Georgette'

I was trying to send Heyer's "The Black Moth". Other books, in different formats, got the same response.

I tried unplugging and replugging the usb cable, popped the SD card in and out, switched the reader on and off, and all kinds of other "give it a good thump" things I could think of.

Please help.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote