View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 01:59 AM   #22116
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
This afternoon I have to meet my Senior Citizen English Conversation class for their second lesson. My wife suggested that I teach them a song, which I know would go over well, but I feel more inclined to teach them how to give and take directions for travel. During our first meeting, most of the folks said they wanted to learn English to make traveling easier, so I think some 'where is the bus station?' and 'how do I get to the hotel?' will be better. The Mickey Mouse song can wait for the third lesson.

Stitchawl
After years of travelling; this time I won't take any language guide with me...waste of space....I'll take my "Point-it" booklet with pictures of all I might need to point at, if necessary. I'll learn some Arabic sentences though: " thank you /please/ where is the bathroom/good morning/ help...fire/where is the bank and such essentials.
I'll write the phonetics down on a little card and that's it.

In my cup: hot coffee
In my hand: newspaper and a cracker humus
Off to work on my bike
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote