View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #9
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictoma View Post
Of course nook is better !
Imagine yourself clung to amazon store !!A lot of digital titles are missing from their Kindle store.
I love Nook but we cannot buy them here in Canada.
With Kindle you have no choice but to remove illegally the DRM protection if you buy from other stores and this is not sure and easy at all.
You may pay your titles and read it in the most awkward display format. no margins or you may not be even able to read your purchased title
Please look at my other post about removing DRM to see how Kindle owners are suffering about this DRM pain.
Kindle is 100% clung to amazon you call them yourself.
Can you please support your argument?

You have a Nook, you buy a book from B&N, still is DRM protected! Yes, you can read it probably on a Sony, but what's the point? How many e-readers do you buy or have in your house (different brand)

Please do not make assumptions or arguments based on your own book's preference. I could say a lot of books are missing from B&N, which is true on my case, I read technical books, not just novels or bios.

Who told you when you convert from MOBI to EPUB, or viceversa, you will get distorted books? How many books you have converted? I've converted several books via Calibre, even technical books, and they look exactly the same! I'm sorry, but you are not converting your books in the proper way or you are were converting a very complex layout, with tons of graphics and pictures.

Stop being passionate, and talk with facts! I used to own a Nook and guess what, B&N books were DRM protected!

Give a fair advice, explain people that they should buy a device based on what they read, not what you like.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote