View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
PDF meta data for author and title

Quote:
Originally Posted by causticmuse View Post
...Unfortunately, since the author was probably working from a basic template, he didn't bother to change the title of each file, which results in a hundred books in my Workout folder that each have identical titles and authors...
Do any of you know of a way to edit that title/author information manually?
You will need a PDF editor program to edit the document properties. I use CutePDF Pro, available here (for a free trial but not free software)
http://www.cutepdf.com/
Open the PDF file, click on File - Document Properties, and there are fields there for Title, Subject, Author, Keywords and other options settings, such as page layout and what to show when the file is opened.

I didn't want to splurge on the full Adobe product and like how simple CutePDF is to use. Price of $50 may be offputting to some though. Maybe someone else on this forum knows of a less expensive method?
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote