View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 01:16 AM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
And that makes you unusual, so surely you should realize that your perspective is not the most accurate guide to the acceptability of such a feature in a more general sense.

Witness: That feature exists in FF/Chrome, even though you don't use it.

Assuming the trend continues, you wouldn't use this either -- but tons of other people would.
Multi user, metadata maintenance via the web browser, author link like fields on all categories, searching across physical libraries, full text search of book contents, add files of any type to a book via dropping it into book details... are all higher up my wish list - and a good many others I suspect.

There is also the issue that auto updating will probably push up the download traffic by a significant volume. I doubt Kovid's ongoing revenue would increase in proportion to the ongoing expense of the download traffic charges he would have to pay.

BR

@Kovid - please replace "I do a fairly good job with that..." with "I do an awesome job with that...", it will scan more better

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-27-2015 at 01:29 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote