View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #15
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Well, I don't believe that the "Metadata Extraction" is a problem.
As written in my post, in both cases, for the "SD Card" and for the "Internal Storage", the "main" / "root" directories contain just some subdirectories, no ordinary files, so there are no "metadata" to be extracted at all.

Actually, I am also using "No" for the "Metadata Extraction" option as my "default" setting.

I did a test now. I set "Yes" for the "Metadata Extraction" option, then power-cycled my M92.
As soon as the usual "home screen" is displayed, there appears also a new "waiting-wheel" (which does not appear if the "Metadata Extraction" option is set to "No").
Apparently the M92 "scans" both devices, the "SD Card" and the "Internal Storage", now.
This increases the total booting time by about 23 (twenty-three) additional seconds (yes, this additional "waiting-wheel" rotates for 23 seconds).
It repeats on every power-on.
To be clear, the "SD Card" contains less than 2 GB data files, while the "Internal Storage" contains something like 600 MB files with e-books.
Dashing, no?

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 02-17-2013 at 02:42 PM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote