View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #28
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgetus View Post
I notice on your picture (apart from cigarette ash on the bezel) a light source from the left that causes the blue shadow and I see the LED's making blotches at the low end of the display.
I don't smoke so there can't be a cigarette ash on the bezel. There could be dust.

Plus, I don't see those blotches you see at the bottom. Maybe your eyes are much better than my old ones.

If I focus a lot, I can see a VERY FAINT shadow on the bottom, barely noticeble in the photo and certainly not noticeable at all on the unit at least to my eyes.

They are definitely not as dark as the blotches at the bottom of JSWINDEN's photos of his replacement unit as displayed in this thread.

There is a window to the left of the desk where I placed the PW. That could be the light source for the blue line shadow.

Finally, all screens including LCD's have slight defects. Just get up close to your TV and you will see all kinds of imperfections not seen at all from normal viewing distance. If you use a magnifying glass up close, you will see lots of "stuff" which are not relevant to its use.

If you buy a PW in a brick and mortar store, it would definitely pay to turn it on and inspect the screen before you make your purchase. It looks like lots of defective screens are floating around.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-07-2012 at 02:51 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote