View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #326
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerontai View Post
Thanks geertm. I thought i needed an US credit card and billing adress to register the NOOK.
Ok then. Just to be clear. If i use a VPN (hotspotshield) on a wifi connection at home, it would be just like if i were using the wifi connection in a B&N store or any other U.S. spot, right?

Thank you for answering.

Patricio
You need to register your B&N account with an US shipping and billing address (I understand you already have done that). You can use your own non-US credit card (the billing address is not checked).

You cannot use a VPN on the Nook. You need to install the VPN on your PC, and use your PC to buy the books from the B&N website.
There is no IP-address check when downloading books. So when you have bought the books using your PC, the Nook can immediately download them using the Wifi connection (just sync the library on the Nook).

Last edited by geertm; 07-26-2011 at 06:39 PM.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote