View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
orellc
orellc began at the beginning.

Device: all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblits View Post
I have a few things in mind:

First some kind of "skins" so we can customize the graphic view of Calibre (don't get me wrong i'm the biggest fan and user but we're talking about a market that starts from ground zero and is a very lazy one) without messing around with the engine so in the updates from your side it doesn't jam the manger itself.

I'm thinking about some way to buy direct from Calibre, i don't know if connecting direct from the software or with a explorer window that goes directly to the bookstore shopping cart (my knowledge of the programmig vudu is short) and then that the content downloads direct to Calibre so you can send it to your Kindle, Kobo, Sony etc... (less clicks better xperience)

I'm going no DRM at all so that should make things easier.

I want to provide my customers with the best buying/reading experience for me Calibre has done that so i'm coming to the source.

I'm not thinking about some app that i can take and put only my name on it but to coparticipate with Calibre and that every customer in my site use and enjoy my books with the best software availabe for managing them.

It would be good to know how about Synch between readings and the chances of going mobile with this possible Calibre Custom.

I don't know if what i'm asking is not in your interest or is just damn hard. But i think nobody can answer that question like you.

Thanks in advance
Hi biblits,

I'm and independent publisher and am also interested in customizing calibre. I think creating updated skins is a great idea. I have a very talented user interface designer who could certainly make that happen. Integrating a shopping cart would be key in my model. I also think taking it mobile is an amazing idea. Where my plans differ from yours is that I do want to incorporate DRM. I've private messaged you with my contact information. Please get in touch with me, as I'm very interested in discussing this further.
orellc is offline   Reply With Quote