View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
This seems to me to be an obvious bug in BD. Why has it not been fixed? Is BD closed source so it is impossible for people to fix it? I am a bit surprised that BD which seems to have a lot of problems is still used so much and that there is no better alternatives available.
BD is a very "unique" piece of software which is great in some ways, and utterly infuriating in other ways. Once you get used to it, it's fantastic, but it takes a lot of experience with it to learn all its peculiarities. What we've been talking about here, "Book Cleaner", is a part of BD which basically allows you to define a set of "pre-processing" and "post-processing" rules which gets applied when you load a book. It's very powerful, but again takes experience to get to know how to use properly.

BD isn't open source, but the developer, vvv, is generally very responsive to fixing reported bugs.

I think it's a wonderful program which is why I stick with it, but it definitely "breaks the rules" in all sorts of ways; it has a very steep "learning curve".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote