View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I doubt that tablets increase the chance of a non-reader reading. I have friends with smartphones and tablets and the non-readers are still non-readers. The readers might squeeze in a few more titles in what used to be free time, but the real readers always had a book in their pack anyway. As much as I show my non-reading friends books I'm reading in subject matters they care about on my e-reader or in paper form or on my iTouch it doesn't get them to read. It just doesn't.
I didn't say that reading devices turn non-readers into readers. They merely give folks more and easier options for reading -- which increases reading.

The devices take away one of the barriers to reading...not ALL of the barriers.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote