View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 01:47 AM   #25
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sony still has good hardware. The Reader line, the HDTV line, the laptop line are all good products.
Well, the way I see it the reader is in a market that's still so special it's almost no competition (there are competing products, but the ability to buy them where you live, and the price at which you can buy them really are factors to take into account).

As for the laptop line, they look nice until you try to slightly stray from what Sony intends you to do with them. They use quite a lot of very specific and proprietary hardware; that's an issue when you want nothing to do with windows like me. On top of that, these laptops are pretty delicate (I know many people buying vaios to see their hardware collapse within a couple of years.

I've never had a sony hdtv, nor seen one outside of a store so I can't talk about them.

Overall, to anyone who bother to asks (about computers, mostly) I advise to stay well clear of sony's products.
Trenien is offline   Reply With Quote