View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #16
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The way I see it, most consumers in the US will be choosing between Sony and Amazon. They haven't heard of Bookeen. Us ebook geeks here are aware of this third choice but that's not a lot of units. Their primary market is unchanged.
Almost nobody knows Bookeen in in Europe. Reading (the kind that involves more than 5 books a year) is a niche activity no matter how you look at it, ebook reading even more so. Plus almost nobody nows e-ink tech which makes all the difference with ebooks.

The market will remain small for another 2 years.

Bookeen could have a shoot at the Europen market if they could sing a distribution agreement with a somewhat famous chain named Fnac.

They sell books and electronics and are quite popular in France and other countries. They could open kiosks inside the stores to demo the technology, and assist non geeks with ebook purchases and downloads.

We are 2-3 years away from attractive ebook catalogs.

Anyway that's just me talking because they have already stated they have no plans for retail redistribution. (at the moment)

As for the US market, I don't think NAEB offers enough potential for bookeeen.
Still they are great guys and the make it easy for the geeks to get bookeen's reader.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote