View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
The boot time is very long (25-50 seconds) so for occasional reading it does not work to turn it off.
I don't turn it off if I'm just going to put it down for 5 minutes, but I do turn it off when I know that I'm not going to use it for several hours. Really, 25 seconds is not a long time. Pick the CyBook up, pressing the power switch as you do so, sit down in a chair, get yourself comfy, and it's pretty much ready for use.

For me, that works very well. I know that you feel differently about it, and perhaps for you the BeBook would be a better choice.

Quote:
So how many books did you read on the cruise?
I think it was about 4 or 5. I used it to catch up on my huge list of unread Baen books (although it didn't make much of an impression on that list!).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote