View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #179
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I loved the library as a kid. During the summer they'd have a reading program where you would set a goal of how many books you were going to read over the summer holidays and at the end you got a certificate of achievement if you reached your goal. I don't know what you got if you fell short. I imagine there must have been some sort of recognition for having participated, but I never did find out if that was the case because I always went zipping right past my goal. They also had field trips to the zoo or museums or some other such activities. One time they had a trip to a theater to see a play of Treasure Island with an all female cast.
I really wish my local library had done this when I was a kid..I would have surpassed the goal too.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote