View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #23
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
That would be my first guess; matte screens reduce reflections compared to the glossy glass favored by many laptop and monitor vendors. It may simply be that in looking to minimize glare they got a bonus in the form of a pleasing textured surface.
(Of course, it still could be a figment of the reviewer's imagination.)
Matte finish screens don't reduce reflections really. What happens is the same reflections are there, think about it-they have to be, the matte finish simply diffuses/scatters the reflected light so the image in the reflection is not as apparent. Matte finishes don't usually help when the issue is an intense very bright light source behind you. In such a case there will still be a bright spot on the display which corresponds to that light source. That spot will just look softer and maybe a tad less intense/bright.

That said I prefer matte finish screens and always will because the finish reduces those mirror like reflections enough so it can seem they aren't there. Not all matte finishes are the same either. I am sure most here have used enough laptops or even desktop displays over the decades to have experienced the wide variations of even matte finishes not just across brands but across models within each brand.

So I am hoping the way the KPW is built it's screen finish will help but not interfere with the crisp text we like from the EPD displays.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote