View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Wow, that is a really long book. An audiobook should be no larger than about 15 Meg per hour. Format 2 books from audible are less than 4 Meg per hour. I suppose that if you want concert quality reading in stereo you can get the file size up how can that be necessary or even reasonable.

Dale

The biggest one I can think of from Audible is War & Peace which is 65 hours 24 min. and is 938 megs in format 4.

If the book is on MP3 CD though I've seen a fair number of 16+ hour books take up more than a gig due to the producers using a high sample rate (which is really unnecessary for spoken word).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote