View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #65
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka View Post
He made me a "second offer", which a seller may do when his auction either 1) doesn't sell for the reserve, or 2) the high bidder can't pay. I was able to purchase it for 137.49, because I was the high bidder. I must admit, that I was surprised that he sent me the offer. Perhaps he was clearing stock for some reason.
Please be extremely cautious with "second offers" as the majority of them are scams - people see who the highest bidders were on big ticket items and then send them spoofed emails dressed up to look like second offer. You need to ensure that the "email" is in your ebay account when you log in and the details of the sender match the details of the seller. Also you need to be very cautious if the seller asks for payment via western union. I had a friend who was very badly burned by this.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote