View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I find their requirement that you submit what you wite using their API to them for review a bit odd, and think that will limit the use of it a lot more then they obviously do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
The new service has nothing to do with legality. It is about hiding the data from the service provider, so that they can deny knowledge of illegal activities, and making it difficult for law enforcement to collect evidence.
Also so employees can't snoop your data, or if a cracker gets in, they can't read the data, and to prevent a civil suit from being able to get at all your data in discovery without you knowing etc.
I am aware of Wuala, and SpiderOak that also strive to do this. Does anyone know of more?

I did not put the refer a friend links as I think they are not allowed not in the message body (even though technically they are not affiliate links), however using one would give you more storage, so pm me if you want one.

BTW, does anyone know of a chart of storage servers that includes the time duration you can have between logins without risking your data being wiped?

Last edited by twobits; 01-20-2013 at 11:12 AM.
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote