View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #169
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
IF you look at the media manager of Plex does it show the shows as HD? If you have both and HD and SD file of the same show it seems to be hit and miss. Mine does stream HD just fine, as long as the source is HD. The only think it doesn't do is stream the Dolby D sound... only ProLogic II... but that is supposed to be coming. The one guy that is working on this hasn't worked on it for a few months due to personal issue. I wish Plex could put some more people on it... I think it is a great selling point to the Plex server.

The other though I had was to get the LG TVs that support Plex out of the box. Of course, that only works if you are in the market for new TVs.

I think LG also has the TV UPdater box which I think also supports the Plex server. I may give it a try in the Roku Plex client doesn't get an upgrade in the next month or so.

My other option was an Apple TV... but getting the meta data into the files isn't as simple.

Boxee was another option but I liked the idea of having multiple clients hit the same server.
The movies that I've tried streaming from my HDD on my computer are either 1080 or 720. The reason why I hooked up the Roku to the LG HDTV, which already has wireless capabilities, is so I can compare how identical HD video files look streaming through the the tv itself, then through Roku onto the same screen. Movies that were so sharp I could make out a fingerprint, were completely pixelated via Roku. I'm not giving up on it yet. For $100, it should be able to do what it says it can do, I just don't understand why it won't stream from my HDD in HD.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote