View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #40
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Yep, we're renowned for being a bit laid back, and we've never lost the 'larrikin' spirit to boot!!!

I figure the existence of copyright is for the benefit of the creators. The limit to copyright is supposed to be for our benefit (general culture, art etc..). That's why towards the start of the copyright period I tend to champion the needs of the creator. However, the longer the period passed, the more my consideration becomes self-centred - or at least not as much pro-creator.

That doesn't mean after 5 years of copyright I say: "Hey you! You've had 5 years - now it's my turn!".

But I do think that Life + 50 is ample time to make a living.

caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote