View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #41
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLXXXp View Post
In an earlier post you said "I already have a

The solar charging system that I'm working on will use from 1 to 4 of those 1.8W panels but also includes a 12V gel battery along with charge control and low voltage cutout circuits that I've designed.
i simply opened up the libre and connected a 9 volt solar panel to the INTERNAL BATTERY DIRECTLY with a diode in series to prevent the internal battery discharging into the solar cell or causing short circuits.

result i got on a DULL day was 15 minutes of aluratec libre pro operation after 6 hours on a window ledge inside the house.i had totally discharged the battery beforehand.

the panal can output 200 milliamps short circuit current on a bright direct sunlight day.

the current flow varied between 10 to 20 milliamps on a dull day into the libra battery.

no doubt you can on better days you could get up to a 1/2 hour operation or longer.

this was a 0.7 watt panel.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote