View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #84
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murz_07 View Post
Yes, I understand that I'm really annoying
But I think that you have already done everything I want to do, so it will be way much faster to ask you.

I don't see checkmark. When I clicked "Devices - USB devices - Amazon Kindle [0001]" Kindle dissappeard from Windows device manager but I still can't see the checkmark.
Not really annoying, but I have a short attention span...

If there is no checkmark next to the device, then the fastboot program in the VM cannot see the device. You need to click on it to turn the checkbox on or off. If you cannot do that, perhaps your VirtualBox settings need to be adjusted. It *should* work. It works for me.

Another option is to put fastboot on a usb stick, then boot from a LiveCD linux distro, and run fastboot from the usb stick. Some of those distros need the USB devices plugged in before you start them, or you have to tell them to scan for new devices. They are not all plug-and-play. Personally, I like Puppy Linux for a standalone boot CD (small, runs in RAM, and fast).

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-29-2012 at 06:02 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote