View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
Blues_Messiah
Blues_Messiah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3w
I am having problems too. Just got this Kindle 3(wifi) off Craigslist, reset it to factory, and installed .6 jailbreak without realizing there was a newer. But then when I tried to install the screensaver tweak I go the "Failed to Update" error. Everything since then has given me either U004 or U007. I tried uninstalling the .6, uninstalling the failed ss, installing .10, uninstalling .10. I even went and got the 3.3 firmware from Amazon hoping to just overwrite the FW and start over, but as soon as I click "Update Kindle" it goes grey and deletes the 3.3 update file (presumably checks against the onboard firmware). I've even restored it to factory at least 3 times during this process to no avail. I mean, thankfully it still works and at worst I'm stuck with annoying screensavers. Hoping that if I can't at least get this solved there will eventually be a new FW update which will overwrite everything so I can start over fresh. Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: I had been thinking that the newest version would be past the 3.21 update, but went back and tried with that one and it worked out fine. Now just to make a few screensavers!

Last edited by Blues_Messiah; 02-11-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Blues_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote