Old 06-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #117
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiyan View Post
Hello,

I am not sure whether I can ask this question in this post or not, but is it possible to get the nook Amasis font on the kindle with the font hack in place? Or if that is some kind of DMCA violation, what would the closest replacement be?

Thanks,
thadiyan
(this post is an extension of a previous PM to Thadiyan explaining that I had just found his font and was going to test it after renaming it to Serif_Regular.ttf in order to try and replace the book text on our Kindles)....

I just successfully applied the Amasis Monotype font to the book text in my kindle !!! I have attached the file for you... already renamed to Serif_Regular.ttf ... I assume you are already using the font hack, yes? Just copy my Serif_Regular.ttf file and go to

[Kindle Drive #]:\linkfonts\fonts\ .... and paste it in that "fonts" folder...

Its a nice font... really nice... although not as thick as I would want... going to try a bold version now... if I can find a free download of it...

I am now determined to create the best mix of the best fonts for all the different parts of our Kindle OS...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Amasis Monotype for Kindle_book_text_only_file.zip (46.9 KB, 900 views)
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote