View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Status after using Sony 900 for about 12 hours

Sony 900 to me is a mixed package.

2-page-view did seem interesting from the pictures I've seen. So far, it's a huge disappointment for me. Maybe it's usable for newspapers. But for the books I've tried, it was neither efficient (wasting too much space) nor convenient and hard to read (too little information vs. too tiny font).

The bigger display is way less obvious than I'd expected. To me, it's neither a milestone nor a problem. I very much like the new cover and different housing, though.

The UI to me is some improvement over Sony 600. For example, having a thumbnail of the last read book directly on the cover page (library view).

Momentary summary:
I can't use the mobile webshop here in Germany and the bigger display is of no real benefit to me.
In comparison to Sony 600, contrast slightly has improved. If you already own a Sony 600, replacement certainly isn't necessary.
If you own an older reader or think about a touchscreen unit, Sony 900 definitely is very appealing.

Sony 900, in my opinion, is perfect proof of the "japanese concept":
Not aiming for the quantum leap, but permanent slight improvement.
Sony perfectly demonstrates this with every single reader.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote