View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by antistar View Post
Great info, thanks a million. And you've successfully converted me. I've almost persuaded myself that I can't use the 3g anyway and I don't need a 7" inch screen or two column view. But is it true that the screen quality on 900 is so much better than 600? I am not asking much, as long as it's something close to the 500 that I am currently using...
I'll compare in a few hours in more depth.
But Sony 900's contrast definitely is way better than Sony 600's.
Whether it can stick up to Sony 505 I have to check in direct comparison.
I'm very surprised, given the more or less identical release dates of Sony 600 and 900. But that's an extremely positive surprise of course.

2 column view: Seemed very interesting from the reviews. Didn't try with newspapers yet. But with the books I've tried, it simply didn't make any sense at all. Not enough information, but still hard to read (and I'm not short sighted).

3g: I'd love to use the shop directly, without juggling with USB. But I can't use it with my Kindles as well, so it's okay. But can't tell anything about the experience...

Stylus: It already deeply annoys me. In parallel, I've used my Samsung Q1 UMPC, which has a way heavier and more convenient stylus. Sony 900's stylus in my opinion simply is too light. Okay, I won't use it that much. I turn pages via the buttons, so I'll mainly use it for "point and click", selecting the books I'd like to read or marking the words I'd like to lookup in the dictionary. But it just doesn't feel "right". It almost feels like being entirely out of polycarbonat instead of metal.
Sony 600's stylus feels better. It can be inserted in the Sony 900, but it doesn't fit perfectly, so it's a risk of loosing it. Maybe I'll go with a 3rd party stylus...

Last edited by mgmueller; 01-04-2010 at 10:31 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote