View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Talking Sony 300 vs. Sony 505 vs. Sony 600 vs. Sony 700 vs. Sony 900

Hi,

I've just received my Sony 900 (aka "Daily Edition").
Sony 600 and 300 I've got 4 months ago, Sony 700 1 year ago and Sony 505 in summer 2008.
I've made a comparison without Sony 900 a few months ago: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...50&postcount=1

Since then, some of my first impressions did change drastically.
And of course, Sony 900 is changing the picture as well.

I'll post more later on.

For the moment, 2 lines per unit.

Ranking #1: Sony 900
Maybe it's because it's my newest addition. But first impression really is, this time Sony has done it right (edit: Not just right, simply perfect!). WOW!!!
So far, it seems to combine the strengths of Sony 600 (touchscreen) and Sony 505 (contrast, over all display quality) thus eliminating Sony 600's weaknesses (glare).

Ranking #2: Sony 505
Still one of my all-time-favorites (out of 12 readers I own for the moment).
Great design, phantastic display, perfect usability.

Ranking #3: Sony 600
I really have difficulties, deciding between Sony 505 and 600.
Sony 600 has been a positive surprise. But quite frankly, I don't use the touchscreen intensively enough, to benefit from it.
And I've loved my Sony 505 from the very first minute until now.

Ranking #4: Sony 700
I didn't use it for almost one year (meaning: Never used it with the exception of the first day and a few experiments). But I've played around with it a bit when installing eBook library 3.x. And I had been surprised: A very well thought out unit, really did like the lights (prefer it over clip-ons).

EDIT: I totally forgot Sony 300. And that's for a good reason. I simply don't use it. Don't like turning pages with the 5-way-button, which is the only option. And I absolutely dislike (didn't want to say "hate") the plastic frame.

In a few hours I'll compare design, contrast, features, ... in more depths.
Questions and hints, as always, quite welcome of course...

Last edited by mgmueller; 01-15-2010 at 04:14 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote