View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #86
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
Basically, I only want to replace (or add) the system fonts (those used for LRF display).
Well, there is no LRF in T1, but I know what you mean.

The root should open you the door to do anything you want on the T1. It let's you become ROOT in Linux - is there any more power than that? You can log into shell, you can flash new files, replace font files (in /ebook/fonts), remove, add fonts - whatever you please.

As far as what the root package actually does with the fonts - it doesn't do anything. It was not the purpose of root to change the fonts. Its purpose was to open the door, so you can change the fonts.

BTW, I don't know where the CSS files for the fonts are, and where the Resource root for Adobe API is on T1. I assume the fonts change is achieved via replacing userStyle.css, as it is done on the nook. But I haven't been searching for its location yet.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote