View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #24
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
That's strange. I'm completely the opposite. An over-dependence on scripted components (especially ones that don't degrade cleanly) turns me off to a site. Something in my mind whispers that if the content were any good, it wouldn't need the gadgets.
Well, I wouldn't like over-dependence on Flash, either. That's why I said "tastefully". A site that has a little Flash here and there doesn't take anything away from the table, and in fact can provide a more interactive experience.

By the way, when I say basic HTML, I meant the very, very basic and ugly websites that don't even have decent backgrounds, color schemes, links, fonts, or anything else that might be deemed visually appealing.

There are some author websites, like Joe Abercrombie's, that are fairly simple and clean but well-done.

And then there's GRRM.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote