View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #17
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I think it was TS Eliot while wearing his hat as a critic who pointed out the need for readers to separate the man that suffers from the mind that creates. I take author sites as a reflection of the author. Some are very businesslike. They give me the impression that they were professionally hired out and have little or nothing to do with the actual author. They're about books written by so-and-so and have the character of something created by the publisher.

The other kind are an expression of the author’s personality and life. They may discuss anything that enthuses the author, even political and religions views. These sites have a wholly different character. They are not so much an expression of the author’s work as a hand out from the actual person who created the stuff that I enjoy. Obviously I like these sites better.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote