Thread: GPL violation?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #59
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Look in the source code. Each file will have a specification of who has the copyright. For example:
IOW, you already HAVE the source code for the Cybook. If that's the case, then why haven't you posted it?

Or are you just posting a 'generic' sample of source code?

And further, if I've not kept the original firmware, copies of that firmware, the hardware device on which that firmware is installed and any software sold with the original hardware/firmware - in other words if I choose to sell everything, keeping nothing of the unit for myself - then I *can* re-sell it as a 'used' item. It's like selling a book I've purchased, or a car.

Where I'd be breaking the law is in keeping any of the firmware and then selling that - for profit or not. But with the scenario you've stated, every single person who's sold a previously-purchased book, car or dishwasher would be committing a crime.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote