View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
OK time to write that wish list...
Just but a few items...
  • In the Header section, display ImpType (2=EBW 1150/GEB 1150), ZoomState, Count of RESfiles and BytesRemainingInHeader.
  • Perform some sanity checks, mainly BytesRemainingInHeader -24 = length of book properties and if not correct, a Button to adjust BytesRemainingInHeader should be provided.
  • The Book section (should be called Book Properties) text usually gets cropped; the text box should have a horizontal scroll bar.
  • In the Book section, consider adding a string for the property's length/size like the TOC file entries. This way the Contents and Size will be listed underneath the Book Property heading.
  • In the Table of Contents (TOC) section, the random 4 letter filenames are not too important, so I would just list it along with the filetype it contains i.e. XHBG (JPEG). Consider revising the random 4-letter filenamse with their 4-letter filetype equivalent i.e.JPEG (JPEG). For filetypes with a space you can use an underscore. For DATA.FRK you can use DATA!
  • In the Images section, the image type could be displayed when expanded. I still don't see listed ALL the images used. Check the 'ImRn' filetype for the images used and their image type and original dimensions. Note for the EBW1150, those image types are written backwards like ' FIG' or 'GEPJ'
  • Under the Book Properties tab, for the RES File Name, allow a button that will autonmatically change it to the 'Author-Title' naming used for the .txt.
  • allow for the unimp'ing and re-imp'ing of files like facilitated by unimp.exe and reimp.exe.

OK, those were the easy/cosmetic things.

For the really advanced stuff, allow batch processing, handle REB1200 .imp ebooks, convert the text to html with character codes substitutions and weird characters substitution, allow linking to images and hyperlinks, use the embedded styles, < hr />, tables, forms, etc (you know the 'piece of cake' stuff ).

I'll help with the advanced stuff as I get the .IMP format better documented.

Now when this is all done, we can then feed the resulting .html with images/links/styles to Cailbre's html2lrf and presto, .lrf support! or .epub via html2epub!

Last edited by nrapallo; 12-23-2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: typo
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote