View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
TAtanasoska
TAtanasoska began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile An idea for a plugin - your opinions and help very welcome and needed!

Hello Calibre community,

[Deleted - MODERATOR]

I do hope this forum is active and I will find help.
A while ago I volunteered to mentor a girl to get into programming for the "Learn IT, Girl" (https://sites.google.com/site/learnitgirl/) program. Two days ago I have finally got my mentee and saw what she wants to work on. I was really happy to find out that she wants to contribute to FOSS as her project, and the project of her choice is Calibre.
It is also awesome that we have both contributed to GNOME previously, I as developer, she as documentation writer.

Her idea is to create a plugin for "making bilingual/parallel ebooks for language studies". What are your thoughts on that? I am just downloading the code and starting to read documentation so I thought it is better to directly reach out to the community without loosing time while I do that. If you think it is a good idea, do you have any advice how to do it in a best way that the community will benefit the most of?

Also, bare in mind that my mentee has not programmed before, so we will be learning python while starting to do this, so it will be very slow (in the course of several months) and the code might not be perfect . Of course, I would love also if the community could support us during this, so my mentee can take the best of it and have her wish of creating a plugin come true

Thanks and I am looking forward to your feedback,
Tamara

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-15-2014 at 02:52 PM.
TAtanasoska is offline   Reply With Quote