View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #142
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Wait, what? Successful applying for KDK doesn't take away a right (and urge) to "create our own rules ... without all their silly restrictions". You are contradicting yourself: even with your own [potential] official developer key and KDK, you're still wanting to do "bare metal" things... I guess, you'd still use jailbreak after receiving official KDK. It was my point.
No contradiction. I am saying that if they will not let us play by their restricted rules inside their KDK sandbox, then we will play by our unrestricted rules outside the sandbox, closer to the bare metal.

If I had a KDK, I may never have strayed outside it (toward the "bare metal"). My efforts would have gone into KDK development. I may never have bothered with a jailbreak, already having my own official developer key.

But NOT having a KDK, I was drawn toward "bare metal" (native mode) development, because it aligns more with my previous development experience and because being OUTSIDE the KDK, I can do it.

How is that a contradiction?

Anyway, arguing how things "would have been" is pointless, because amazon did not see fit to honor my KDK application.

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-17-2012 at 03:53 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote