View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
k_y
k_y began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
[Kindle Touch] Sorting by authors and series

Hi,

I'm going to talk about something that has been widely discussed before. Don't get mistaken, if I ask it here, it's because despite the research I've done, the answers have never been satifying enough for me.

It's pretty oubvious from the title: I'd like to have a sorting of my books according to their place in the series. I would like the Kindle to show an author sorting and within that author sorting, a series sorting (not some alphabetical sorting or whatever).

I know there's that workaround where you add the serie's name & book number to the book's name, but let's face it: that's not the way it should be done. MOBI files can store metadata such as the series information, that's what the Kindle's OS should use.

Has someone, anyone, devised a way to get this working like I want it to work? If not, I might try to find the time to look closer into writing apps or hacks or whatever would be needed, but I don't want to waste my time if it has already been done.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day,
K.

(By the way, not really sure this post shouldn't have gone to the hacking section. I'll let the mods decide!)

P.-S. — The new Kindle Touch's interface is simply awesome. There's just that sorting that's missing, and my reader would be absolutely perfect for my needs.
k_y is offline   Reply With Quote