View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #13
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I do think it gives you an advantage. It's a whole different mind-set, not just the terminology.

ETA: They always say "write what you know".
I agree that military experience would be an advantage. It's easier for authors to create verisimilitude if they can draw on a wealth of personal experience.

For what it's worth, don't think this is going to end up being military science fiction in the classic sense. My protagonist has ended up in the armed forces somewhat against her will, and I feel compelled to allow this story event to occur and see where the plot trail leads.

I guess you could say that, in this case, "write what you know" got trumped by "write what you love."
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote