View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
According to the site he used to, but he came under attack for it: [...]
I'm inclined to agree that offering his own cover design services as part of such a site is not entirely appropriate.

I glanced through his archives. Okay so the majority are pretty atrocious, but there are some that aren't any worse than I've seen done by professionals. Several there remind me of old cheap paperbacks for horror/sci-fi in the seventies - and for all anyone knows, without talking to the author, that was the intention.

Cheap shots are easy ... and sometimes even justified ... perhaps. But a lousy cover every day of the month? That's just filler for his site. Amazon had almost 92,000 new releases in the last 30 days, of course there's going to be some pretty ripe choices.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote