View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #15149
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Brandon Mull, Blake Crouch, M. Night Shyamalan and Dennis Batchelder

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I've recently finished The Pines by Blake Crouch and really enjoyed it. The basic premise is that a Secret Service Agent wakes in a field in a little town called Wayward Pines with no real memory of how he got there or why, and all of his attempts to discover what has happened and to try to leave the town are frustrated by the people and the terrain. The reveal, when it finally comes, is a doozy. A fairly quick and very satisfying read, which I got free via the Amazon Prime lending library.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Well, that was a fun read. I'll be purchasing the 5 book series package this summer for my grandson's birthday.

Someone in another thread mentioned Pines by Blake Crouch, I investigated and found it in the Amazon Prime free library, so I grabbed it for my January book.
The quote at the top is the one I mentioned above and is from another thread. It got me interested in Pines.

I finished Pines and was blown away by it!! So suspenseful. A great book! And it's going to be a 2014 fox miniseries called Wayward Pines directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Just started Soul Identity by Dennis Batchelder. I downloaded it as a freebie [it still is a freebie] from Amazon over a year ago. I found a website called AuthorGraph where you can request a personalized page of any ebook you have from any registered author. I searched and found Dennis Batchelder, so I requested one from him. Here it is:
Click image for larger version

Name:	personalize.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	99106
In his short personal message he thanked me for reading it, so I thought I'd better read it soon, like now!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote