View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
Beginner-reader
Enthusiast
Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
How can I read this boring, difficult book without suffering too much?

Hello,

I'm currently reading articles and books for my research paper and the book my teacher told me to read is extremely difficult.
In fact, it's so difficult that I'm only able to read 6 to 7 pages per 15 minutes. This is partly due to the fact that I'm trying to memorize phonetic rules by heart, as it's also a book I have to study. The thing is, the rules keep piling up.

According to my calculations, at that pace, I'll be done in six hours and fifteen minutes.
To make matters worse, this book is on paper, and the print is pretty small. It's much more tiring to read than a book on my Kindle.

I've been reading standing up because I sit way too much during the day. It also allows me to stand directly in front of a window, which is nice light-wise.

I've been thinking of listening to music while reading the book, but it distracts me too much. Maybe someone can recommend an instrumental track?

I just got a Kindle and I've only read one book on it so far, and it was a short one.
I'd really like to have more time to relax before my mid-terms. I don't see myself working for the next four days...

Is there anything I can do to ease the burden of having to read one of the driest books on earth? Don't get me wrong, I love phonetics (and some passages are just delicious) but I'm not big on reading definitions upon definitions, especially when they are accompanied by a list of rules and words.
Beginner-reader is offline   Reply With Quote